The tbt* Ultimate Bar Guide 2015 is a webapp I completed as a part of my internship at the Tampa Bay Times. I started the project as a bar reviewer, and ended it being the web producer. This was a fun, light project for features that highlights excellent writing, photography and expertise of the staff. I based this static HTML template off Top 50 Restaurants for continuity, while incorporating new style and copy tone from the daily, free tbt* paper.
This project incorporates:
- The user’s choice to navigate the page using top categories or through scroll.
- A social media share bar (for each item) made from the Gigya API
- An interactive map of all of the “Ultimate Bars”
- Attractive graphics and photography
- Diverse reviews, submitted by Times staff writers
Explore the guide for yourself!